Introduction to Indigenous Leadership
This 2-day workshop designed for Indigenous Australians provides a valuable introduction to leadership education and helps Indigenous leaders fulfil their potential. AILC’s training combines traditional knowledge and culture with cutting-edge western leadership insights to develop enhanced leadership capabilities in our students. This workshop is one of AILC’s suite of training courses in Leadership, Mentoring and Business Governance.
Topics covered include:
- The value and importance of leadership for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Leadership styles, qualities and behaviours
- The risks and responsibilities of being a leader
- Practical skills such as negotiating, problem solving and above-the-line thinking
- This useful two-day course will assist individuals to build leadership skills that are relevant, effective and informed by both Indigenous culture and Western best practice.
- Technical overview of the topic and related research
- Practical application of principles in the review of case studies, examples from participants and interactive activities
- Reflection and analysis.
Plans are underway for Intro to Indigenous Leadership to be delivered in three states in the next two months. Specific dates will be listed below when finalised.
In the meantime, if you are interested in this course, please register your enquiry below.
|Introduction to Indigenous Leadership- Hervey Bay||17 & 18 June 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Hervey Bay||26|
|Introduction to Indigenous Leadership - Gold Coast||20 & 21 June 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Gold Coast||24|
|Introduction to Indigenous Leadership- Alice Springs||24 & 25 June 2019||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Alice Springs||29|
|Introduction to Indigenous Leadership- Broken Hill||2 & 3 July 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Broken Hill||30|